Looking back, August wasn't a really good reading month. I only read 7 books. The few weeks before my vacation, I just couldn't wrap my head around reading, nothing was holding my attention. A few of these books were amazing, and I'm really happy I read them.
66. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
67. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
68. Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
69. The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
70. The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman
71. These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen
72. Midnight on Julia Street by Ciji Ware
My two favorite books for the month would be Gone Girl and Love Anthony.
Gone Girl (Review) was such a great thriller. I don't normally read these types of books but I couldn't ignore the buzz.
Love Anthony (Review) was an emotional rollercoaster. I loved every single page.
My biggest disappointment would be The Rules of Civility. My review will be coming up next week, for this one .
I'm currently reading The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and I'm fascinated by the story line. I kept putting it off because it's a chunkster, but now I regret it. It's amazing!